"If we have practised the TM-Sidhi Programme, then the conscious mind will always start thinking from that deepest level of the self-referral state of intelligence. And any thought that emerges consciously from there has the support of all the laws of nature. And any thought with the full support of natural law will always be fulfilled quickly without loss of time, without struggle and strife." - Maharishi
- The TM-Sidhi Programme enhances the benefits of Transcendental Meditation and accelerates the growth to higher states of consciousness.
- Like Transcendental Meditation, the TM-Sidhi Programme is simple, natural and effortless and easy to learn.
- Transcendental Meditation allows the mind to dive within, simply, naturally and effortlessly to its most silent level, Transcendental Consciousness, the Self, a reservoir of creativity, intelligence and energy that underlies all our mental activity.
- The TM-Sidhi Programme cultures the ability to think and act from that profound inner silence, so that all our thoughts and actions become more powerful and effective.
- We develop skill in action – the ability to fulfil our desires while effortlessly promoting the evolution of everyone around us.
The TM-Sidhi Programme balances mind and body from the deepest level of consciousness. The most powerful aspect of this programme is the Yogic Flying Technique. During Yogic Flying, brainwave synchrony is maximized as the body lifts up and moves forward in short hops—a sort of "meditation in motion." Internally, the experience is accompanied by feelings of exhilaration, expanded awareness, inner freedom, lightness and "bubbling bliss."
The combination of inner silence and outer dynamism provides a powerful means of stabilising higher states of consciousness — enlightenment.
Improved Brain Functioning
Neuroscience tells us that everything good about the brain depends on its coherent and orderly functioning.
Scientific research has established that during Transcendental Meditation, brain functioning becomes highly orderly and coherent. During the TM-Sidhi practice, especially Yogic Flying, this coherence becomes even more widespread, with maximum coherence at the point when the body lifts off the ground. Heightened coherence indicates greater use of the brain's potential.
Studies on the TM and TM-Sidhi Programme show that this coherent brain functioning carries over into daily activity, resulting in increased IQ, higher levels of creativity, greater emotional stability, improved learning ability, moral maturity, better health and much more. See the web page Brain Health (opens in new tab/window).
The TM-Sidhi Programme was introduced in 1976 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of Transcendental Meditation. Maharishi revived the theoretical and practical knowledge of "sidhi" practice contained in the ancient text of Vedic Science known as the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Benefits for Society
While the TM-Sidhi Programme can be practised alone or with friends and family, social scientists have found that when people come together and practise the programme in sufficiently large groups, they create a measurable influence of orderliness and coherence for the surrounding population. Researchers have identified this phenomenon as a "field effect" and tested its validity in more than 50 separate scientific studies - many of which can be found in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
The Maharishi Effect
This coherence-creating influence, termed the Maharishi Effect, is said to neutralise negativity and stress in society—as a natural consequence of reducing social stress, the crime rate drops, sickness and accident rates drop and the economy improves.
The Maharishi Effect is a recent discovery for modern science, but the phenomenon was described by the Vedic scholar Patanjali thousands of years ago in his famous text known as The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali:
"In the vicinity of Yoga (the state of transcendental consciousness), hostile tendencies are eliminated."
People practising Transcendental Meditation commonly find that learning the TM-Sidhi Programme brings a tremendous boost to their personal progress, increasing the day-to-day benefits of their TM practice while further accelerating their growth of consciousness.
Knowing that you're also contributing more powerfully to the peace and coherence of society brings an added fulfilment.
All applicants are usually required to have been instructed in four Advanced Techniques of Transcendental Meditation before applying for the TM-Sidhi Programme. In the UK we are currently offering 'Fast Track' Courses so that the four Advanced Techniques are not a requirement but we recommend that all applicants learn as many Advanced Techniques as possible before the course and complete them after the course.
Videos and Articles
Enjoy this interesting article from USA Enlightenment Magazine: Interview with Dr Doug and Linda Birx.
There is further information on the USA website on Yogic Flying.
http://www.yogicflying.org (opens in new window)
You may also enjoy this short video - Yogic Flying, Meditation and Bliss
The TM-Sidhi course consists of an orientation weekend, three long in-residence weekends and a two-week in-residence course.
This course is held once a year in two locations - Maharishi Peace Palace, Rendlesham, Suffolk and Maharishi Golden Dome, Skelmersdale, Lancashire.
TM-Sidhi Course Requirements for 2020
- Regular practice of Transcendental Meditation for a minimum of four months.
- One TM Residential Weekend or longer course since March 2019.
- Recommendation from a TM Teacher.
- TM-Sidhi Programme Orientation Weekend
- Find out more about the TM-Sidhi Programme by talking to a TM Teacher, or one of the course venues, or contact the TM National Communications Office, Tel: 01695 51213, Email: email@example.com
- Contact a TM Teacher to discuss your application.
- Book a TM Residential Weekend if you have not attended one at all or not since March 2019 . Please visit: uk.enjoy.tm.org/tm-retreats
- You can attend two of the Orientation Weekends to fulfil this requirement.
- If you have already been on a TM Residential Weekend or a longer course since March 2019 please book your Orientation Weekend at your chosen location.
Orientation Weekends 2020
TM-Sidhi Course Dates 2020
- Weekend 1: Thursday 16 - Sunday 19 April
- Weekend 2: Thursday 14 - Sunday 17 May
- Weekend 3: Thursday 25 - Sunday 28 June
- Two-week Yogic Flying Course: Friday 14 - Friday 28 August
- Weekend 1: Thursday 26 – Sunday 29 March
- Weekend 2: Thursday 21 – Sunday 24 May
- Weekend 3: Thursday 18 – Sunday 21 June
- Two-week Yogic Flying Course: Friday 24 July – Friday 7 August
Please see separate pages for details of Fees.
Please note that the TM-Sidhi Programme is only available through Maharishi Foundation with teachers who have received special training and not through any other organisations.
You will be emailed about TM-Sidhi courses unless you have requested otherwise.