COVID-19 Update: Advanced Techniques Courses are being offered again in some locations. The courses will be run following COVID-19 precautions.
"The purpose of Advanced Techniques is to take the experience to another, higher level. Advanced Techniques are like fertilisers; fertilisers bring better fruit to every tree. To enjoy greater achievement and fulfilment in life, take advantage of this beautiful programme of Advanced Techniques to enrich the development of higher states of consciousness."
Q: What are Advanced Techniques?
- Simple techniques that enrich and deepen your experience of Transcendental Meditation, enhancing the benefits, and accelerating the process of personal growth and development of higher states of consciousness.
- During Transcendental Meditation we experience a fourth state of consciousness – Transcendental Consciousness - a state of restful alertness, which dissolves stress, improves brain functioning and balances the body and emotions.
- Advanced Techniques of Transcendental Meditation increase the ability to maintain this inner state with our activity after meditation. Thoughts and actions spontaneously become more effective leading to greater enjoyment and fulfilment of desires in daily life
- Each technique is simple - easy to learn, easy to practise - and, best of all, enjoyable!
Q: How many are there?
Four — all developed and refined by Maharishi over many years.
Q: Do I learn them all at once or one at a time?
One at a time and in sequence. You'll practise an Advanced Technique ideally for four months, or for at least two months before adding the next one.
Q: Who teaches the Advanced Techniques?
Very experienced teachers of Transcendental Meditation in the UK who have received additional special training to teach Advanced Techniques. Angela Landers and Helen Evans are the UK's Advanced Techniques Teachers. Angela runs the Glasgow TM Centre and Helen runs the Cardiff TM Centre and is the TM National Director for Wales.
Q: Who can learn and how do I know if I am ready?
If you have been regular with your Transcendental Meditation practice for two to four months, you are eligible to apply. You do not have to be a long-time or "advanced" Meditator to learn an Advanced Technique.
Q: What do Meditators say about Advanced Techniques?
"I experience a deeper silence. My meditation is more soothing, more blissful, and I feel more energy after meditating." - Victor Calm, bank employee project manager
"I feel that each new technique has added another layer of clarity and depth to my experience, both inside and outside of meditation. I feel more connected with everything around me." - Cindy Johnson-Boka, mother, teacher, writer
"After learning the first Advanced Technique, I immediately felt a deeper connection within. As I practise each night the experience has deepened and I now find so much more ease and effectiveness in doing TM each day."
Q: Do I need to learn the four Advanced Techniques before applying for the TM-Sidhi Programme®?
It is usually recommended that you learn the four Advanced Techniques before applying for the TM-Sidhi course.
Q: What is the course structure?
The course consists of three sessions:
- The first session is an orientation meeting (1.5 hours).
- The second session is personal instruction with the Advanced Techniques teacher (2-3 hours).
- The third session is a checking meeting on the following day with the Advanced Techniques teacher to answer questions and verify the correctness of your practice (2-3 hours).
- Free online follow-up meetings and checking are offered by the Advanced Techniques Teachers.
Q: What is the fee? (per course)
The fees are shown below and can be paid in full or in four instalments.
Dates, locations and contact details for Advanced Techniques Courses
Please see separate page for dates and locations
Inspiring Articles and Podcast
Q: How do I begin?
We recommend speaking to your Transcendental Meditation Teacher or any of the TM Teachers who are organising Advanced Techniques courses around the UK shown on the Dates and Locations page above.
For General Enquires
Please note that Advanced Techniques of Transcendental Meditation are only available through Maharishi Foundation with very experienced teachers of Transcendental Meditation in the UK who have received additional special training to teach Advanced Techniques.
Note: You will be emailed about Advanced Techniques unless you have requested otherwise.